City of Aachen
Job offer: Urban planner* "Integrated climate protection concept/ strategy for existing buildings" (m/f/d)
Department of Urban Development, Planning and Mobility Infrastructure
How can we make existing buildings in Aachen more climate-friendly and climate-silient? What options do we have to promote climate protection and climate adaptation in existing buildings? In order to address these issues with a city-wide, interdisciplinary view, we are looking for reinforcement!
The Department of Urban Development, Planning and Mobility Infrastructure of the City of Aachen has a vacancy for an urban planner "Integrated Climate Protection Concept/ Strategy for Existing Buildings" (m/f/d)
in full time limited until 31.12.2025.
The option of an extension until 31.12.2027 is currently being examined.
Your main tasks
- Development of a suitable city-wide strategy for dealing with existing buildings in the context of the integrated climate protection concept of the city of Aachen
- Potential analysis and derivation of concepts and measures for the use of reasonable and sustainable development possibilities with regard to climate protection and climate adaptation concerns, energy supply structure, green roofs, façade justification, etc., basics of profitability calculation
- Development of concepts and measures for the activation of owners
- Project management for the project, in particular interdisciplinary coordination and agreement, conception, control and monitoring of participation processes, time and measure planning, public relations for the project, etc.
What you bring with you
- completed university studies (Bachelor or Dipl. Ing. FH) in the fields of urban or spatial planning, urban design or architecture with focus on urban development or comparable fields (e.g. landscape planning, geography with focus on urban planning / urban design, economic geography)
- At least three years of professional experience in the field of urban development and planning, architecture and/or real estate management and project development (applications from applicants without many years of professional experience can also be considered).
- many years of professional experience may also be considered; please note that in this case, applicants may initially only be classified in EG 11 TVöD)
- knowledge of the tasks of state, regional and urban development
- confident handling of standard software (MSOffice) including database functions (Excel and Access), CAD / XPlan (AutoCAD, LandCAD or comparable programs), geo-based EDP (MapInfo, QGIS, ArcView or comparable programs)
- independent working style and good communication skills
- high degree of social competence and ability to work in a team
- Experience in the application of integrated planning approaches and planning methods, preferably from large-scale planning projects and participatory planning processes
- Insight into formal and informal planning processes
- Knowledge of at least one of the three languages French, Dutch, English
What we offer
- Working for the second largest employer in the region with around 6,000 employees
- responsibility and room to help shape the company
- Respectful and fair working conditions
- Training and continuing education for professional and personal development
- compatibility of career and family
- Flexible working time models (such as mobile working)
- Job ticket for public transport
- Supplementary company pension scheme
- comprehensive occupational health and safety management
- a vacation entitlement of 30 days with a 5-day week
It is possible to fill the position with part-time employees, provided that full-time staffing is ensured. The respective working hours for part-time employees are therefore to be determined in consultation with the department management.
The selection process for filling the position consists of a pre-selection and a subsequent selection procedure.
We look forward to receiving your complete and informative application documents, including a cover letter with application motivation, a curriculum vitae, certificates and proof of examination/employment.
Job offer: Project Manager | Project Manager (m/f/d)
for the implementation and management of the project "Sustainable Innovation Hub", in the area of responsibility of the staff unit 80 "Structural and Economic Development" in full-time, limited until 30.11.2025. The appointment is subject to the corresponding funding commitment from the federal government, which is expected for the end of 2022.
Based on the Economic Development Concept 2030 and the challenge to help shape the transformation of the economy in a sustainable way, the central key measure is the implementation of the project "Sustainable Innovation Hub", a physical action platform. You can help shape and develop this!
The business location Kreis Euskirchen is part of the Rhenish Revier region, embedded in the high-performance economic areas of Aachen and Cologne/Bonn and surrounded by an outstanding research, university and innovation landscape. You will encounter an innovative economy characterized by medium-sized businesses, in which the skilled trades form a central pillar.
Your future tasks are:
- Operational management, development and content-related concretization of the Sustainable Innovation Hub.
- Conceptual elaboration, further development and implementation of project-based packages of measures of the Sustainable Innovation Hub, as a contribution to a sustainable transformation of economy, space and infrastructure, incl. a corresponding event program and public relations (articles
- homepage, newsletter, press reports, etc.)
- Establishment and development of a sustainability network with SMEs
- Design of a sustainable transformation of the business location Kreis Euskirchen at the interface of enterprises and research/science/innovation, in close cooperation with the team of the structural and economic development department, the municipal economic development agencies, AGIT mbH, chambers of commerce and other actors
- Moderation of and presentation in working groups and events
- Representation of the project in political bodies in coordination with the head of the department
- Technical project management
We expect from you:
- Completed (specialized) university studies in the fields of geography, communication sciences/public relations or business administration or economics
- Professional experience, relevant expertise and knowledge in project management and networking
- A committed, dynamic personality and a strong ability to think conceptually and strategically
- Independent, structured, open-ended way of working, ability to work in a team as well as very good written and verbal communication skills
- Service orientation and organizational skills
- Willingness to attend appointments outside normal working hours
- Very good MS Office skills
- Provision of private car for official purposes against reimbursement of costs according to the state travel expenses law
We offer you:
- Professionally interesting, challenging and very diverse work in a dynamic, motivated and young team
- A wide range of offers for work-life balance (certified family-friendly employer) and health management
- Opportunities for professional and personal training and development
- Appreciative work culture
- Remuneration in accordance with the collective wage agreement for the public sector, including company pension scheme in addition to the statutory pension scheme
If the personal requirements are met, the job classification is based on pay group 12 of the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD).
We consider applications from severely disabled persons and persons with equal rights in accordance with the objectives of the law on severely disabled persons. The equal opportunity plan applies.
For further information, please contact Ms. Poth (Tel. 02251 15 369) or Ms. Wiesen (02251 15 589).
We look forward to receiving your application via our online application portal by 31.12.2022.